Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Welcome to Reading in WBL

Hello - Thanks for stopping by my new blog. Many of you may know me from my xanga website, Ostara's World. Part of my reason for separating my book reviews from my main blog, is that I would like to grow my involvement with publishing book reviews.

About me: I live in Minnesota. I grew up in South Dakota, but am truly a Minnesotan. I enjoy reading, but as with any reader, I wish I had more time to read in my daily life. I work full time as a social worker and do truly enjoy my profession. I have been married to my best friend, for 9 years. Together we are raising three sons, ages, 21, 16 and 7. In addtion to reading, I enjoy cooking and many domestic endeavers.

I am a graduate of St Cloud State University and completed all the course work for my Master's Degree at Augsburg College. I am active in our church and belong to a wonderful book group.

To give you an idea of the books I enjoy, below you will find what I have read in 2009.

January
Things I Want My Daughters to Know: A Novel - Elizabeth Noble - (4.5/5)
The Shack - William P. Young - (4/5)
Moloka'i - Alan Brennert - (4.5/5) (Book Group Selection)

February
Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry - (4.5/5)
Firefly Lane - Kristin Hannah - (3/5)
Barefoot - Elin Hilderbrand (3/5)
The Kindness of Strangers - Katrina Kittle (4.5/5)

March
The Secret Between Us - Barbara Delinsky - (3/5) (Book Group Selection)
The View From Mount Joy - Lorna Landvik - (3/5) (Book Group Selection)

April
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle - David Wroblewski - (4.5/5) (Book Group Selection)

Rating Scale Used -(From the Bookies WebSite)
5 = Highly Recommended / Another "Classic."
4 = Recommended / A good read.
3 = Okay / An average book.
2 = Would Not Recommend / Less then satisfying.
1 = How did this get published? / Poor.

If you would like to see what else I have read, check out my Reading Retreat site.

No comments:

Post a Comment