Saturday, August 14, 2010

Library Loot: August 14, 2010

library_loot_bordercolor

August 14, 2010

Library Loot Event is a weekly event hosted by Eva at A Striped Armchair and Claire from The Captive Reader.  This weekly event encourages bloggers to share the books they have checked out from the library. I always find many new books to add to my reserve list!

I recently purchased a Kindle, but am still going to the library weekly to supplement my reading material. 

bookline

The following book found their way home with me from our local Library:

Florist's images The Florist’s Daughter – Patricia Hampl
polygamist The Lonely Polygamist – Brady Udall
images The Piano Teacher – Janice Y. K. Lee
annie Annie’s Ghost – Steve Luxenberg
   

Finished and Returned to the Library this week:

Look_again Look Again – Lisa Scottoline
12rooms Twelve Rooms with a View – Theresa Rebeck (read the first 100 pages and just wasn’t into the story – did not finish)

Happy Reading!!

Jen C

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of your "loot" - but it looks like a good selection. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I liked The Piano Teacher!

    The fact that I wouldn't be able to use my library as much is one of the reasons why I haven't bought an e-reader yet!

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone lent me The Piano Teacher but I haven't had a chance to read it yet!

    Marg, I'm excited to get a nook for my bday(in Nov.) and our library has a pretty good e-book collection so I'll still be able to get e-book loot from the library! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having an ereader hasn't stopped me from being at the library. I use the ereader for the books needed for the 2 book clubs I am in. Generally, those books have too long of a waiting list for me to get them in time for book group. I only purchase about 2 ebooks a month. The ereader is more of a supplement for me. But I do enjoy it! I have an audible.com memebership so I do put all my audio books on the kindle to listen to while I drive or work.

    ReplyDelete