Sunday, May 8, 2011

Library Loot: May 8th

Library Loot Event is a weekly event hosted by Marg at The Adventures of a Intrepid Reader and Claire from The Captive Reader. This weekly event encourages bloggers to share the books they have checked out from the library. I always find many new books to add to my reserve list!

If you’d like to participate, just write up your post and link up.  And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

 

This last week I finished the following books:

Sing You Home – Jodi Picoult – I really enjoyed this audiobook!  4/5

My Library Loot for this week:

02_9139888_0_KristinHannah_NightRoad hillenbrand_unbroken-396x600Immortal_Life_Henrietta_Lacks

Again this week hubby went to the library for me as I was cleaning the house in anticipation of my parents arrival for the weekend.   We had a wonderful visit with my parents, though WAY too short.  It was nice to spend Mother’s Day with my mother as I see her very seldom.  Hubby is getting ready to make supper and I am able to enjoy my free time getting some blogging done. 

I started a new meme last weekend called, “Beyond Words”.  “Beyond Words” is a weekly feature at Reading in White Bear Lake, in which readers share the unfamiliar words they have encountered in their reading over the past week. This is a great way to build your vocabulary from what you are reading as well as from what others are reading.

Remember…..you are never to old to learn!! I love learning and reading, what better combination could there be.  I would greatly appreciate your support and participation in getting this meme rolling.  

Happy Mother’s Day! I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful weekend.  It is a bit rainy here in MN once again.  Argh…I can’t wait for spring/summer weather to be here to stay for a while!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment