Sunday, July 13, 2014

Coming Soon to a Bookshelf Near You: June/July Edition

I am blogging to you from our deck, affectionately referred to as our “Cabin Up North”.   It is a beautiful day in White Bear Lake today.   The sun is shining, classical music is playing on the outdoor sound system, birds chirping, hubby is mowing the lawn and baby puppy is curled up on the chair next to me.   Life is good!

As a book blogger, I am able to request, read and provide feedback on forth coming titles.   I love being able to do this, but some months my ambitions are larger than what time allows.  I still have a full time job which interferes regularly with my reading/blogging schedule.    So I decided to share with you some upcoming releases that have caught my eye.    I would hate for you to miss an upcoming title!!  

Here are some books published in June, 2014 that caught my eye!

18693598187228871877536020540691180075282

Each book cover is linked to it’s GoodReads.com page, where you can find info, ratings and reviews for each book.  I was very excited to discover a new author, Heather Gudenkauf. She was born in South Dakota just like me, so what is not to love!  I plan on picking up a few more of her titles.  

My Reviews:  The Lemon Grove (review) and Little Mercies by Heather Gudenkauf (coming soon)

July, 2014 – Upcoming Titles…….

16131115175941151818769018316089186660061869371621945638

As you can see my interests vary at times.  I will at times accept a children’s book for a change of pace.  I have a hard time getting Tommy to review books anymore, so I will review one every once in a while.   Tommy’s life is soccer, school and church.   I like to read non-fiction books about families’ dealing with autism, adoption and various disabilities due to my work as a social worker.  You can really learn a lot from other’s stories.  Sometimes quite honestly, the book cover just catches my eye and I have to read it!! 

My Reviews:  One Plus One by Jojo Moyes (Review coming soon) – This is the second book I have read by Jojo Moyes – I plan on reading another for due for publication in September. 

Hope you are enjoying a beautiful day!!

Happy Reading!

 

*Note – if you would like to keep up with book reviews on Reading in White Bear Lake, please take a moment to like us on facebook!   If you are interested in my other loves: cooking, menu planning, organizing and my family check out our other blog, Living in White Bear Lake.   Living in White Bear Lake can also be found on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment