Monday, February 21, 2011

Books Read in 2010

January

The Duggars: 20 Kids and Counting - Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar (4/5)

February

The Accidental Mother - Rowan Coleman (3.5/5)

The Help - Kathryn Stockett (4.5/5)

March

The Murderer's Daughters (3.5/5)

Sarah's Key - Tatiana de Rosnay (4.5/5)
Great book! Any book that has me giving up sleep and sitting in the driveway to listen just a bit more is a winner for me! Tough read as is any book about the Holocaust. I shed a tear or two! I was unaware of Frances involvement in the round up of the French Jews. Be it a story about the holocaust, slavery, child abuse or Jim Crow Laws I can never understand how one human could have such disregard for another human.

The Wrong Mother - Sophie Hannah (3/5)
This book had so much potential. There were parts that were a real page turner, but other parts dragged on. One thing that really stuck out to me was I didn't really have the feeling of knowing the characters. I think the character development was lacking. Way too many detectives with names that start with a S. ... I still don't know how the detectives figured out the crime based on what they really knew. Seemed like a bit of a reach. But I finished the book......and thought it was an average read.

The Promised World - Lisa Tucker (4/5)

Good book, story of a set of twins who had a difficult childhood. (why do I keep reading about child abuse?)

April

The Solace of Leaving Early - Haven Kimmel (3/5)

The Blue Notebook - James A Levine (DID NOT FINISH)
About homeless children in Mumbai and their lives as child prostitutes. I just could not read about the neglect and abuse of these children. I had to stop reading when I was half done with the book.

Pieces of Happily Every After - Irene Zytell (3/5)

The House Rules - Jodi Picoult (4/5)

The Wednesday Letters - Jason F Wright (4/5)

May

Gone With the Wind - Margaret Mitchell (5/5)

Run - Ann Patchett (4/5)

May Day - Jess Lourey (3/5)

June

The Reliable Wife - Robert Goolrick - (4/5)

June Bug - Less Lourey (3/5)

Alphabet Sisters - 3/5

July

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - 4/5

The Girl Who Plays with Fire - 4/5

Day After Night - Anita Diamant - 4/5

Stalking Susan - Julie Kramer - 4/5

The Good Wife - Stewart O'Nan - 3.5/5

August

Look Again - Lisa Scottsline - 4/5

The Florist's Daughter (Did Not Finish)

September

This Side of Heaven - Karen Kingsbury - 3.5/5

Still Alice - Lisa Genova - 3.5/5

Still Missing - Chevy Stevens - 4/5

October

November

Honolulu - Alan Brennert - 3/5

December

Little Bee -Chris Cleave - 4/5

Nineteen Minutes - Jodi Picoult - 4/5

The Room - Emma Donoghue - 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment