Monday, August 27, 2012

It’s Monday! What are you reading?? and Library Loot–August 27th

33


It’s Monday! What Are you Reading? is hosted by Shelia of Book Journey. It is a chance to share what you have read and what you plan on reading in the upcoming week. I enjoy seeing what everyone’s reading plans for the week. I always find some titles that I just *had to add to my TBR list.

Accomplishments This Week:  

          Finished Listening to :   Rules of Civility – Amor Towles

      Finished Reading:    State of Wonder  - Ann Patchett

          Heading Out to Wonderful (Review)

          Library Loot, August 25th Edition – see my loot from our weekly visit to the library. 

My Plans for this week:

gone-girl-book-cover-med Reading – Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Marriage can be a real killer.

One of the most critically acclaimed suspense writers of our time, New York Times bestseller Gillian Flynn takes that statement to its darkest place in this unputdownable masterpiece about a marriage gone terribly, terribly wrong. The Chicago Tribune proclaimed that her work “draws you in and keeps you reading with the force of a pure but nasty addiction.” Gone Girl’s toxic mix of sharp-edged wit and deliciously chilling prose creates a nerve-fraying thriller that confounds you at every turn.

On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne’s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick’s clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn’t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife’s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media—as well as Amy’s fiercely doting parents—the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he’s definitely bitter—but is he really a killer?

As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn’t do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?

With her razor-sharp writing and trademark psychological insight, Gillian Flynn delivers a fast-paced, devilishly dark, and ingeniously plotted thriller that confirms her status as one of the hottest writers around

(from Good Read.com)
7826803 Listening – Wolf Hall – Hilary Mantel  (Audio Book)

England in the 1520s is a heartbeat from disaster. If the king dies without a male heir, the country could be destroyed by civil war. Henry VIII wants to annul his marriage of twenty years and marry Anne Boleyn. The pope and most of Europe opposes him. Into this impasse steps Thomas Cromwell: a wholly original man, a charmer and a bully, both idealist and opportunist, astute in reading people, and implacable in his ambition. But Henry is volatile: one day tender, one day murderous. Cromwell helps him break the opposition, but what will be the price of his triumph?

(from Good Reads.com)

These are my reading plans for the week. What are you reading plans for the week??? Join in with Shelia at Book Journey and share your reading plans for the upcoming week!!Happy Reading!!

6 comments:

  1. That Jojo Moyes book looks so stinkin' good!!

    Happy reading this week :)
    The Brunette Librarian Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to read some John Green. I like him as a person and as a blogger and vlogger but I haven't tried any of his books yet. Here is my Monday Report. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have The Fault in Our Stars in my stack of library books too. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy Gone Girl, I was in the minority of not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Gone Girl so bad darn in, lol. I'll get to it one day :) I really liked Wolf Hall a lot. (liked the next one, Bring up the Bodies, even better)

    Following you on Twitter now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....truthfully, I never go on there. I am also on facebook and I look at that one more reguarly. I just can't figure out Twitter.

      I am having a bit of trouble getting into Wolf Hall so far, but that is I think because I am listening to it. I will keep at it!

      Delete