Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jen's Notes: June 14, 2009


Do you have notes all over your work space?? Do you use sticky notes or scraps of paper to remember important information? I tend to find sticky notes and scraps all over my desk at home and work. They might contain websites, books to read, or review sites to join. All important stuff that I seem to misplace! So this feature will allow me to organize my sticky notes and actually find the info at a later date. What a novel idea!!

I spent a fair amout of time this evening reviewing book blogs. The following is a list of books that interested me and where I read about them.
Book Recommendations:
  1. Julie and Julia
  2. The Cradle - Patrick Somerville (Bookmarks Book Review Newsletter)
  3. Columbine - Dave Cullen (Bookmarks Book Review Newsletter)
  4. Prayers for Sale - Sandra Dallas (Reading Group Gold Recommends)
  5. The Glassblower of Murano - Marina Fiorato (Reading Group Gold Recommends)
  6. Honolulu - Alan Brennert (author of Molokai)
  7. The Worst Hard Time - Timothy Egan (The Sleepy Reader)
  8. The Beautiful North - Luis Alberto Urrea (Booking Mama)
  9. Leaving the World - Douglas Kennedy (Fluer Fisher Reads)

Blogs Added to Site:

  1. The Sleepy Reader
  2. Booking Mama
  3. Me, My Book and The Couch
  4. Stephanie's Written Word
  5. The Book Case (blog of the editors from BookPage)
Other Items of Interest:
  1. Entertainment Weekly's The New Classics List - the 100 best reads from 1983 to 2008.
  2. TLC Book Tours - Read "Be a Tour Host" and Signed Up.
  3. Discovered Rave About Reads Challenge - the site has a list of particpants and their list of books. Could be a good place to find some books to add to my TBR list!

My info is all safe and sound!! Time to throw away my sticky notes until next time.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment