Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What's On Your Nightstand? - 6/23/09 Edition


What’s been on your nightstand this month? The folks at 5 Minutes for Books would like to know. See what everyone else is reading and discover some new titles to add to your TBR pile! Mine is ever growing!!


Books I have Read in June, 2009

In the Kitchen
by Monica Ali - (ARC from Simon and Schuster) (my review)
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer-June Selection for Book Group. (book group this Thursday!)
The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb (my review)
The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett - a short novella borrowed to me by a friend. Must read and return very soon!

Jen's Reading Plan for June -
The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha - ARC from Random House
No One You Know - Michelle Richmond (Book Group Selection)
Sacred Hearts - Sarah Dunant - ARC from Random House
Await Your Reply - Dan Chaon -ARC from Random House

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society book seems to be getting SO much attention and everyone I know who has read it has loved it! I'm feeling pressed. ;D

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a book by Dan Chaon (actually part of a book -- it's a long story why I couldn't finish it), but I did like his style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was blown away by Wally Lamb's latest book, too. Honestly, that guy is incredible-- I had a wonderful five minute conversation with him years ago at the National Book Festival-- and I never fail to LOVE anything he writes. Great list you have here!

    ReplyDelete